Thursday, July 26, 2012

BACON-PECAN WAFFLES


I found this amazing recipe today while looking around the Food Network.com site for something to cook for dinner. I know it's not a dinner recipe. lol I'll look for something later. These waffles look so good. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but this definitely caught my eye. 
Here is the recipe:
Sprinkle 12 strips bacon with brown sugar and bake at 400 degrees F until crisp; cool, then crumble. Whisk 1 3/4 cups flour, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix in 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 6 tablespoons melted shortening and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Add 1 cup candied bacon and 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter. Cook in a waffle iron until crisp. Top with more bacon and nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...